The addition of jalapeno peppers and cheddar cheese means that this cornbread is bursting with flavour.
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 1/2 cup polenta (corn grits)
- 1/2 cup flour
- 2 Tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup finely minced leeks
- 1/2 tsp chili flakes
- 2 chopped fresh jalapenos, or 4-oz tin chopped green chilies
- 1 cup grated cheese (cheddar or soy)
- 2 tsp blackstrap molasses
- 1 1/2 tsp egg replacer mix with 1 Tbsp of water
- 1 cup milk or soy milk
- Mix dry ingredients together in a large mixing bowl then add the rest of the ingredients.
- Transfer the batter into a greased 8″ x 8″ baking pan
- Bake at 375° for 40 minutes or until the top is brown and crisp.