Annual Community Yoga Retreat
August 2-6, 2012
Dear Members and Friends of Dharma Sara Satsang Society,
We would love to have you attend the Annual Community Yoga Retreat! To help the retreat run as smoothly as possible for both participants and staff, we have made some administrative changes to this year’s retreat and have prepared this summary to advise you of these changes in advance. Please review the following information regarding changes to the registration and drop-in policies, particularly the items in bold:
You are welcome to “drop-in” for the following events only:
- Keeping the Spirit Alive (Friday): $10
- Latte Da Open Stage (Saturday): $10
- Satsang (Sunday): free
- Community Picnic (Sunday afternoon): see below for pricing
- Sri Ram Ashram presentation (Sunday evening): free
- A maximum of one meal per day: $17 adult, $14 youth (13-18), $7 child (4-12). To attend both meals as well as enjoy full access to all activities, please register for the day at the very reasonable prices listed below. If you pre-register for all four days of the retreat as a commuter your fees can be as low as $44.80 per day!
Benefits of Registration
Registration is required in order to:
- Participate in ACYR activities not listed above as drop-in
- Benefit from discounts and reduced rates
- Partake in more than one meal on any given day
- Participate in yoga classes
And, if you pre-register by 4:00pm on July 31st, your fees will be discounted!
After July 31st, all registration must be done on-site, as follows:
- Thursday, August 2nd: 2:00pm – 7:00pm
- Friday, August 3rd: 11:00am – 12:00pm & 6:00pm – 7:00pm
- Saturday, August 4th: 11:00am – 12:00pm & 6:00pm – 7:00pm
- Sunday, August 5th: 11:00am – 12:00pm & 3:00pm – 4:00pm
Community Picnic: Sunday, August 5th
The Community Picnic (activities and dinner) are included in fees for registered participants. Drop-in participants can purchase tickets at the following rates:
*Tickets can be pre-purchased at Sunday satsangs leading up to the retreat or at the meal ticket table during the retreat until Saturday night dinner. “At the Door” prices will apply after Saturday night dinner.
A sliding scale for retreat participants is being introduced for the first time, to ensure that financial circumstances do not present an obstacle for anyone who wishes to attend. In the past we have attempted to accommodate requests for fee reductions due to various factors such as KY hours or partial program participation. The sliding scale lets you choose how much you wish to contribute, taking into account your financial situation as well as any other factors you wish to consider. However, preregistration is essential for anyone wishing to pay the lowest possible rates. Fees will increase after 4:00pm on July 31st to acknowledge the extra administrative effort required for last minute and on-site registration as well as the uncertainty created for the kitchen.
Please also note that the traditional Friday night kirtan evening has been replaced by a more comprehensive program called “Keeping the Spirit Alive” which includes a slideshow and storytelling as well as kirtan. A $10 drop-in fee for this evening program will apply for people who have not registered for the retreat. Kirtan, satsang and the Bhagavad Gita class are free events at the Salt Spring Centre of Yoga throughout the year, and we depend on programs such as the retreat to provide funding for these ongoing offerings.
We thank you for your understanding and cooperation and hope to see you at the retreat!
The ACYR Committee