Wish Tree – Art for self-reflection
Identifying what you want to bring into your life – both tangible and intangible things – can be the first step toward making it happen. A Wish Tree can help you clarify and then stay focused on your goals.
What you need:
- Paper or poster board for the collage
- Magazines suitable to your goals
- Scissors, glue, drawing and colouring materials
How to do it:
- Draw a tree. It doesn’t have to be great art. A child’s drawing of a trunk and branches is just right.
- Look through magazines to find pictures of things that you want to bring into your life. It can be tangible things, like a new car, education, or travelling to visit friends and family. Or the pictures can be symbolic of intangible things, like love, friendship, or courage.
- Glue all the things you want to bring into your life on the branches of your tree. Add any other colouring or decorations that you like.
- Hang your Wish Tree in a place where you’ll see it and be reminded of your goals.
Image by: Wojtek Kowalski
This Activity is from The Salt Spring Experience.